Saturday, December 20, 2008

2nd Samuel 23:5

For He has made an everlasting covenant with me, Ordered in all things, and secured; For all my salvation and all {my} desire, Will He not indeed make {it} grow?

The progression of my life is the order of things so far. God has secured them. I am blessed to be secured with a wife and a child and a child on the way. I am secured that he will care for me in the will he has for my business and life. He has fulfilled my salvation. Then comes the tricky part of "my desire" (NASB version by the way). I'm actually glad he doesn't always fulfill this at times, but sometimes wish he would. I hope He increases my desire for Him and less of my desire for the things of this world. The things that bind me and separate me from Him. Yet, he has ordered all things.
I often think of my degree from college as a waste, but then I know it delivered me my greatest earthly prize, which is my wife. I often am bitter towards Christianity as the training mechanisms that are used to teach ministers really kill off the creative aspects. I've heard seminary referred to as "The Cemetery" as it is the final mark of killing off any hope of the Holy Spirit working in a church. It further ingrains the denominational fence posts that separate us from one another. Why will tomorrow morning (Sunday) be the most segregated day in the country. Why can God not bond us as one? Yet I step away from my focus (digress, but I hate that word for some reason)
I pray that he does make it grow daily and that my desires become His and that I have the same emotional connection to God as it appears God has for me. A desire is much greater than just wanting, it is deep, it is passionate. When I say, "I desire my wife", it really means I want to know her more intimately than anyone else on earth. God wants that with us; though he knows us, He still seeks our desires and offers us free will to express those desires.......and sometimes, He gives us what we want even though it causes us more harm. He loves us enough to give us the choice! Make my desire yours oh Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment