Monday, December 15, 2008

Just Arriving!

So as I sit here around Christmas time pondering Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I think of the anticipation, the excitement and the worry they must have had, as I possess these same feelings at this moment with my daughter coming in the next 3 weeks. Sure, I've been through this process before with my boy, but for some reason there is more angst, fear, and just overall wonder about the moment.

Maybe it's that I look at all the girls that are growing up and wonder how in the world am I going to raise a pure, Godly and mentally sound woman in this environment, this world we live in today. My grandmother confirmed it that she's never seen stuff (sin, flesh, and worldliness) so out in the open. I know each generation has its error and I know the world has always been a filthy place, but I look at it differently now with a small defenseless child coming into the mix. For some reason, this didn't bother me with my son, so why does it do so with my little girl.

I guess my answer as always can be found in scripture. How do you "train up a child"? I know 90% of what kids learn is by watching so I'll seek the scripture and try to let that inward reading become an outward expression:

Psalm 33:8 "Let all the earth fear the LORD; let all the people of the world revere him."
John 12:25 "The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

No comments:

Post a Comment