Friday, December 19, 2008

Top 5 Least Favorite Christmas Songs

This is sort of in response to my buddy Dave's Top 5, but I've been wanting to speak about my #1 for a long long time.
#5 Christmas Conga.....Cyndi Lauper
I think I've liked one Cyndi Lauper tune in the history of my life! It's just confusing, it's like a mix of her style music and synthesizers, mexican trumpets, and her saying "banga, banga, banga" and then her speaking in a very New York accent....maybe Boston. It's a catchy.....a little too catchy!

#4"Little Drummer Boy", David Bowie and Bing Crosby
No words....just a terrible duet!

#3 David Essex "A Winter's Tale"
Wow...does this song increases the suicide thought rate. If this is on the playlist of someone that you care about, take away all alcohol, pain killers, and guns. Not a healthy sign! My parents had this record for some reason and I accidentally listened to it alot. Evidentally David Essex is one fo the a-holes that doesn't like for his stuff to be posted on youtube, or at least sharivn of his music, so yet another reason to be on the list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBQ3t6ezh2I

#2 Christmas Time by THE SMASHING PUMPKINS
I love smashing pumpkins, but they should leave Christmas albums to Country Singers. Billy's voice to Jesus' music just gives me nightmares. There's no typical Smashing Pumpkins drive behind it.....It's like they needed to sale an album one year so they just decided to produce a Xmas one. ( I use X in the respectful Greek way)


#1 Blue Christmas by Sheryl Crow
I typically like Blue Christmas and Sheryl Crow, but it's a lot like adding cottage cheese to corn on the cob when you put this two together. It would be a great song if I was planning a great evening with my pistol and Jack Daniels though! I promise you listening to this song will make you contemplate suicide.
Luckily it is not easy to find and should probably be banned from existence! There is one out there from her "Home for Christmas" album, but that's not the one I'm talking about. I think it is on a specialty album from Kohl's (Kohls Cares for Kids). You can listen to a sample here:
http://www.ilike.com/artist/Sheryl+Crow/track/Blue+Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment