Friday, December 26, 2008

What a Great Christmas!

I really enjoyed this Christmas. The gifts where awesome, but I'm pretty sure that's not the reason that this Christmas was so special. I didn't even get to see my entire family (sister in France, sister&bro-in-law, niece, nephew in Alabama, mom-in-law in Houston). I think what made it feel so complete was that it was at my house, a 3 year old who is getting into Christmas, and with the expectation of a special arrival ourselves, it made me focus more on Mary and Joseph and the excitement of Jesus' birth.

We did not travel as it was not recommend for Alicia to be far away from the hospital, yet Mary and Joseph had to by order of the law. Had that one fact been changed in the Bible, the first of many prophecies would not have been fulfilled "Today in the city of David (Bethlehem)". Bethlehem = The City of David. I'll save how the prophecies that Jesus fulfilled amaze me for another blog on another day.

Ray is really into Christmas, or as he refers to it, "Jesus' Birthday Party". He was really shocked when he saw the tree. I'm not sure he really expected to get presents for "Jesus' Birthday". Will be a great transition for sharing Christ with my son one day. He is really starting to understand concepts, which I find amazing!

I really think the biggest reason, was that Christmas dinner was at my house. My family all around enjoying each other and visiting. Playing guitar with my cousin and Dad, talking with my Aunt Linda, and of course playing with Ray's new toys! It's really a different experience and some how seems complete and the way it's supposed to be. I liked having Christmas at my house, and will probably do it again next year!

Blessings to you this New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment